Monday 4 August 2008

Kitchen Pot Rack - Who's Back Hurts?

Earlier in the week I had just finished washing the dishes and I was putting them away in my cabinets. It felt like I was playing Russian roulette with my pots and pans. I had just stacked and unstacked the last pot when a shearing pain tore through my back. That made me realize I had enough. There must be a better way of storing these essential items. After I called my husband to come and help me up, I started my research.

I am now the proud owner of a stainless steel wall mounted pot rack. My kitchen is now the room that I love to enter. It makes me feel organized, professional and most of all comfortable. It has enhanced every element of my kitchen. My kitchen seems friendlier and I have more free time to prepare my meals. It has become the focal point and wow factor of my room.

We all need more space and less clutter in the kitchen. It makes our lives run smoother and gives us a peaceful disposition. The pot rack helps upgrade and update the room that we spend so much time in. It is not only functional but eye catching to anyone that beholds it. These little details make the difference between an impersonal kitchen and the room that you never want to leave.

There are some questions you must ask yourself before you go out and buy a kitchen pot rack. Your first questions should be where you will put this in your kitchen. The options are hanging, wall mounted, lighted or stand alone. Hanging pot racks are generally placed over kitchen islands or peninsulas. Wall mounted pot racks are usually positioned below or between cabinets. If you have more then enough space, a stand alone can be very attractive. For additional lighting, a pot rack that comes with downlights illuminates the kitchen and will add ambiance to your working space. Ceiling pot racks come with grids which allow you to adjust the hooks for hanging your pots and pans in a way that will be most convenient for your reach.

The wall mounted pot rack that I choose had an extra shelf for storage for my cookbooks and decorations.

Some of the shapes that are available are rectangular, oval, bookshelf, round, dome and square. There are also various materials. You can find them in black, copper, silver, brass, stainless steel, bronze, chrome, wrought iron and wood.

You can purchase pot racks that compliment your existing kitchen colors, or you can make a statement with highly contrasting finishes. You could also consider mixing the finishes for a more stunning dramatic effect.

The pot rack serves three main purposes all at the same time. They are decorative, add much needed space and keep your pots and pans handy and protected.

Hanging your pots and pans prevents wear and tear from storing them inside each other. It is also an added attraction. If you own beautiful cook wear why not display it?

It is always wise to strictly follow the installation instructions specified by the manufacturer. Pot racks can get very heavy when weighed down with all your pots and pans. The amount of weight a pot rack can hold depends on how it is hung from your wall or ceiling. If you have any questions or concerns, I would suggest you consult a professional in your area.

Most kitchen pot racks are easy to maintain and clean. They extend the life of your cook wear while at the same time helps reduce the cook's frustration.

Do yourself a favor and move your cookware out of those back bending lower cabinets. Keep them at an arms reach in your innovative dream kitchen.

Author Bio: Barbara Tobiasz resides with her husband (Joe Tobiasz, Owner/Webmaster: http://www.wall-decor-concepts.com) in the Chicago area, studied at the Art Institute and taught for the Chicago Public Schools. She has volunteered her services for many organizations with her creative expressions in the interior design field. Her hobbies include reading, taking long walks with her dog and working her magic turning ordinary rooms into creative works of art.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Barbara_Tobiasz